- Revit MEP
You can assign segments and fittings to specific size ranges for use when routing pipe.
Video: Enhance Duct-Pipe Routing Preferences
To specify routing preferences
- In the Project Browser, expand Views (all)Floor Plans and open a view for the piping system.
- In the Project Browser, expand FamiliesPipesPipe Types.
- Right-click a pipe type, and click Type Properties.
To edit the type properties while the Pipe command is active, click
- In the Type Properties dialog, under Segments and Fittings, for Routing Preferences, click Edit.
- In the Routing Preferences dialog, specify a part and size range when used.
Multiple pipe segments may be added to a routing preference. Multiple fittings may be added for each part type section (Elbow, Junction, Cross, Transition, Union, Flange).
If more than one part for a fitting satisfies the criteria during layout, the first part listed is used. You can move a row up or down to change the priority for a part.
When specifying the size range for a part, None means the part will never be used and All means the part will always be used. Setting the size range to None is useful when modifying fittings after layout. A fitting whose size is set to None will display in the Type Selector when the Constrain to routing preferences option is enabled.
To add a row
- Select the row in the section where you want to add a new row. The new row is added below.
- Click Add row.
To remove a row
- Select the row you want to delete.
- Click Remove row.
To move a row
- Select the row you want to move.
- Click Move row up or Move row down.
To add or modify pipe segments and sizes
- Click Segments and Sizes.
Use the Mechanical Settings dialog to add or delete a pipe segment, modify its properties, or add or delete the available sizes.
If you make changes to the routing preferences and want to update existing pipe runs in your design with the same type, select the existing segments and fittings and on the Modify tab, click (Reapply Type). If you want to change the type for a pipe run and use a different routing preference, on the Modify tab, click (Change Type).