Table of contentsNo headers
Plumbing fixtures are often hosted components, placed on a vertical face, face, or work plane.
- In the Project Browser, open a view where you want to place a plumbing fixture.
- In the Project Browser, right-click the view, click Apply Template Properties to Current View, and select Plumbing Plan from the Apply View Template dialog.
NoteThe Plumbing Plan view template is available when you create a project using the mechanical default template.
- Click Systems tabPlumbing & Piping panel, and select a particular fixture type from the Type Selector.
- On the ribbon, verify that Tag on Placement is selected to tag the plumbing fixture automatically.
- On the Options Bar, to include a tag leader, select Leader and specify the length.
- Click Place Plumbing Fixture tabPlacement panel, , or to specify a host component.
TipWhen placing a plumbing fixture on a work plane, it may be necessary to Pick a Plane in the Work plane dialog, or by selecting Placement Plane on the Options Bar when placing the fixture.
- Move the cursor to where you want to place the plumbing fixture, and click.
TipYou can press Space to rotate the plumbing fixture prior to placing it in the view. The fixture is rotated by 90 degrees each time you press Space.