Table of contentsNo headers
To edit a text note, select the text note in the drawing area, and then:
- Add a leader. Click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel, and select a leader style. Specify an attachment point, drag the leader points as necessary, and then click anywhere in the view to finish editing.
For text notes created in Revit
prior to version 2011, the default leader attachment points are top left and top right.
- Move a leader. Click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel, and select a new leader attachment point.
- Change the paragraph format. Select the note text, and on the Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel, select a style from the (Paragraph Format) drop-down.
- Move the note. To move the text box without moving the arrowhead on the leader line, drag the cross-shaped control. To move a leader line, drag one of the blue circular controls in the desired direction. If you want to create an elbow on the leader line, drag the center control on the line.
- Resize the note. Drag one of the circular controls on the text box to change its width. If you resize the text box on a non-wrapping text note, the text note becomes wrapping.
- Rotate it. Use the rotate control to rotate the note.
- Change text alignment. Click Modify | Text Notes tabFormat panel, and select an alignment option (Align Left, Align Center, or Align Right). Alternatively, you can edit the Horizontal Align property on the Properties palette.
- Change the typeface. Select the note text, and on the Format panel, select Bold, Italic, and/or Underline (or press Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, or Ctrl+U).
- Edit the text. Select text in the note, and then edit as desired.
- Change the background of the note. On the Properties palette, click Edit Type. In the Type Properties dialog, specify the Background value as either Opaque or Transparent.