- Prepare the image file.
Revit supports the following image file types: BMP (bitmap), JPEG, JPG, PNG (portable network graphics), and TIFF.
- In the Revit project, open the sheet.
- Click Insert tabImport panel (Image).
If the legacy details are stored using a CAD format, such as DWG, click Insert tab
- In the Import Image dialog, navigate to the location of the image file.
- Select the image file, and click Open.
- Click in the drawing area to place the image on the sheet.
To reposition the image, drag it to the desired location on the sheet. To resize the image, select it and drag a blue corner dot, or enter the desired height and width on the Properties palette.