Table of contentsNo headers
Revit makes available the following IFC-specific files:
- IFC Metric Template.rte. This file allows you to create new projects that are already set to the IFC standard.
- IFC Parameter Upgrade.rvt. This file enables you to upgrade an existing project to contain IFC parameters by reading the instructions contained in the IFC Parameter Upgrade.rvt file.
- IFC Shared Parameters.txt. This file contains the shared IFC parameters if you want to manually update an existing project to contain all or some of these parameters.
NoteIt is recommended to use the IFC Parameter Upgrade.rvt file instead, for performance reasons.
To access the IFC-specific files
- In a web browser, go to http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html.
- Click Revit Instruction & Help Samples.
- Click IFC.
The web page displays a list of the available IFC files.
- To download the IFC files, click Download Directory. On the File Download dialog, click Save, and navigate to the target folder.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the target folder, and double-click IFC.exe to extract the downloaded files.
The downloaded files include parameter upgrade instructions.