Table of contentsNo headers
- Revit Structure
A release is defined by six components:
- Fx - axial force (X direction)
- Fy - shear force (Y direction)
- Fz - shear force (Z direction)
- Mx - torsion force (X direction)
- My - bending moment (Y direction)
- Mz - bending moment (Z direction)
NoteThese components only relate to linear elements such as Structural Framing elements (beams and braces) and Structural Columns. These do not apply to Structural Walls or Structural Floors.
The Revit release conditions are Fixed, Pinned, Bending Moment, or User-defined. The default value for beams, braces, and columns is Pinned at both ends.
- Pinned Release Condition is defined as all moments released.
- Fixed Release Condition is defined as no releases.
- Bending Moment Release Condition is defined as my and mz released (torsion not released).
- User-defined Release Condition is defined as all releases made available for engineer to define as needed.