Table of contentsNo headers
Transparency maps create the effect of transparency and opacity.
You can specify areas of transparency and opacity by using the transparency map channel. The effect of transparency is best previewed against a pattern background.
To use a transparency map:
- Click Manage tab > Settings Panel > Materials.
- Double-click a material in the list to open it in the Material Editor.
- In the Material Editor, under Assets, double-click the Appearance aspect to display the Appearance Properties in the lower part of the screen.
- Make sure the material appearance uses a Generic shader, that is, it has a section under Appearance Properties labeled "Generic." (See the image below.)
Otherwise, the transparency map is not available.
- Expand the Transparency section, select its check box, and define the settings. For Image, to specify a pattern background for the transparency, navigate to an image or select a procedural map from the drop-down list.