Learn strategies to improve Revit performance.
To minimize possible instability in Revit when its uses operating system memory, you can:
- Restart Revit regularly.
If you receive a message that the current session's memory usage is approaching the operating system limit, save your work as soon as possible and restart Revit.
If you are using a workshared environment, save your local file, restart Revit, and then synchronize with central.
- Enable the 3 GB feature on your Windows® operating system to improve performance on 32-bit machines. See Enabling the 3 GB Feature on 32-Bit Machines.
- Run 64-bit Revit on a Windows 64-bit operating system.
- Reduce the number of loaded DWG and RVT links. See Managing Links.
- Purge unused objects.
- Limit the number of views open. If you have multiple views open, you can quickly close all hidden views by selecting View tabWindows panel (Close Hidden).
- Limit the number of worksets that you open when using a workshared file. In the Open dialog, from the Open drop-down list, select Specify, which lets you select the worksets to close before opening the local file.
- Use hardware acceleration when possible.