Symptom or Message: When installing your Autodesk product, the following message displays:
Installation complete. Some products failed to install.
The installation log file in your %TEMP% location shows an entry similar to the following:
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
Issue: In most instances, the installation fails because the prerequisite already installed on the computer is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer. Because Microsoft Windows will not allow an older version of the prerequisite to be installed, the installation aborts with a 1603 error in the installation log file.
- In the installation log file, determine the prerequisite program that is generating the 1603 error.
- Open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel, and open .
- Locate the name of the prerequisite program that is causing the failure, and click or
- When the program has been removed, run the Autodesk installer again.
- If you encounter additional failures on prerequisites, repeat the process.
You should now be able to fully install and run your Autodesk product.
In rare instances, the 1603 error can be caused by more complex issues. If you continue to encounter 1603 errors during installation, use the following links to learn more.