Table of contentsNo headers
You can set up team member login permissions for Revit Server Administrator using Internet Information Service (IIS) hosting on each of the Revit Server instances for which the Admin role is or may be enabled. Use the IIS Manager to create a user or group to use for granting access to the Revit Server Administrator.
To set up basic permissions on an instance of Revit Server
- Click StartAdministration ToolsServer Manager.
- In the left pane of the Server Manager, expand RolesWeb Server (IIS) , and select the Internet Services (IIS) Manager node.
- In the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand the tree node corresponding to the name of the server, and then expand SitesDefault Web Site, and select the RevitServerAdmin node.
- Install Basic and Windows Authentication under Web Server role service. In the middle Features View pane, double-click the Authentication icon.
- Verify that the Basic Authentication and the Windows Authentication are set to Enabled.
- Verify that Anonymous Authentication is set to Disabled.
- Re-select the RevitServerAdmin node.
- In the Features pane, double-click the Authorization Rules icon.
- In the Authorization Rules pane, select and remove the All Users rule to restrict access to all users.
- In the Actions pane, click Add Allow Rule.
- In the Add Allowed Authorization Rule dialog, select either Specified roles or user groups or Specified users, and enter the role/group or user.
Best PracticeCreate a group and set each server to use that group for access control. Then it is only necessary to modify the group in a single location.