Prior to deployment, Autodesk recommends that you first configure Revit on a stand-alone installment. This way, the Revit.ini file contains all the preferred user settings and keys, and does not need to be manually edited. Once Revit is configured, you copy the Revit.ini file and use it for the deployment.
- Run Revit and adjust the options and settings to match the desired setup.
- Make a copy of the Revit.ini located in the user profile folder usually located here:“C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013”.
Note: The Revit.ini copy is accessed later in this process.
- Run Setup.exe and choose Create Deployment.
- Specify the name and location for the deployment, and select Next.
- Review and accept the license agreement, and select Next.
- Enter the serial number and licensing preferences, and select Next.
- Select the triangular control to expand the panel.
- Configure Revit.
- Under Customize Application Settings, choose Custom Revit.ini.
- Browse to the Revit.ini copy you created and select Import.
- Continue to customize the deployment as desired.
Note: Some options may no longer be available because you are using the custom Revit.ini file.
- Select the up arrow to close and return to the product list.
- Select Create to finish creating the deployment.
See this video for more information on deployments.
Community Video: Revit 2013 Deployment Part 2: Changing Revit.ini & Applying Update Release 1