Table of contentsNo headers
I wanted to include the recommended process for upgrading a Revit Server from 2011 to 2012:
- Ensure all users close out of Revit and any local or central projects they have open on the client workstations.
- Apply a server-level administrative lock on the Central Server you will be upgrading to Revit Server 2012. Lock the server name at the top of the tree:
Process is located here.
- Uninstall Revit Server 2011 from the Windows Server Control Panel.
- Determine the Project and Cache directories in use for Revit Server.
- Install Revit Server 2012 on the Windows Server. Process for Central Server is located here. Process for Local Server is located here.
- Specify the same Project and Cache folder locations used for Revit 2011.
- When the installation is complete unlock the administrative lock. Process is located here.
- Once the Central and all Local Servers are updated to Revit Server 2012, users can launch Revit from the client workstations.
As an optional first step you can also backup all data on the Central Server prior to uninstall \ reinstall.