Table of contentsNo headers
This tip was provided by Ron Bissett.
- Create a profile family that is the shape of your log (I used an 7 3/4" three sided log.)
- Load the family into your project or project template file.
- Select a generic wall type and then click Edit Type.
- Select Duplicate and create a Log Wall X" type.
- Select the Edit Structure parameter and set the wall type thickness to be less than the width of the log profile you will be using. Be sure the preview window is open and the 'View' is set to 'Section: Modify type'. The modify Vertical Structure buttons will be activated.
- Select Sweeps. In the pop-up window, click in the Profile column and select the log profile.
- Place the profile on the bottom of the wall.
- Duplicate the sweep and place the next on 1/4" or so above the first. Repeat until the wall is the height you want. Be sure the sweeps are selected as 'Cuttable'. The sweep can be offset so that the actual wall is inside the log where ever one wants the fact of windows and doors to be.
- Click OK until you can place the wall in a plan view.
- In an exterior elevation view, select the sweeps on the wall and extend every other one beyond the end of the wall what ever distance you prefer. Repeat for all walls.
- You can select any type wood finish you want for the finish and render. Doors and windows can be placed in the wall.