Table of contentsNo headers
You can add a new type to the family and change the parameters for that type. This feature allows you to define an entire family of different-sized components within the project.
NoteA new family type created in the project exists only in that project.
To create a new family type in a project
- In the drawing area, select an element belonging to the desired type.
- On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- In the Name dialog, enter a name for the new type and click OK.
- Specify properties for the type, as desired.
- To preview the new element type, click Preview. See Previewing Family Types.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click OK.
The new type displays in the Type Selector, indicating that the new type is assigned to the selected element.