Create a run or landing component by sketching the shape.
A component-based sketch mode is available for sketching custom runs and landings separately. These sketched components can then be connected to create a stair assembly.
ImportantWhen you create components by sketching, they do not have the automatic relationship to each other as when stair components are created with the common component tools. For example, if you sketch run and landing components, then change the run width, the landing shape will not change automatically. Sketched components must be updated manually.
- Runs and landings can be sketched in a plan or 3D view.
- A sketched run includes the boundaries, risers, and stair path.
- A sketched landing includes the boundaries and stair path.
There are 2 ways to enter sketch edit mode:
- Selecting a sketched run or landing in stair edit mode, and clicking (Edit Sketch).
- Selecting the (Create Sketch) tool when creating a Run or Landing.