Table of contentsNo headers
There are 2 methods for selecting stair components for editing. In project mode, you can select individual stair components (Stair, Run, Landing, or Support). For more options, such as the ability to select a chain of connected runs, you must first select to edit the stair to enter stair assembly edit mode.
To select a stair component in project mode (outside of stair assembly edit mode)
- With the cursor over the stair, press Tab until the desired component is highlighted, and then click to select it. (Information in the status bar can help you identify when you have highlighted the correct component.)
- Modify instance properties or type properties, as desired.
To select a stair component in stair assembly edit mode
- Select the stair in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | Stairs tabEdit panel (Edit Stairs).
- With the cursor over the stair, press Tab until the desired component is highlighted, and then click to select it. You can select any of the following:
- Individual run or landing
- A chain of connected run and landing components
- Individual support
- A chain of connected support components
- Modify instance properties or type properties, or use direct manipulation controls to make changes.
NoteDirect manipulation controls are not available if you select a chain of connected components, such as runs and landings.