Table of contentsNo headers
Create a railing by sketching the railing path.
- Click Architecture tabCirculation panelRailing drop-down (Sketch Path).
- If you are not in a view where you can sketch a railing, you are prompted to pick a view. Select a view from the list, and click Open View.
- To set the host for the railing, click Modify | Create Railing Path tabTools panel (Pick New Host), and place the cursor near the host (for example, a floor or staircase).
As you move the cursor, the appropriate hosts highlight.
NoteTo select a level, click in the drawing area to start drawing the railing.
- Click on the host to select it.
- Optionally, on the Options panel, select Preview to display the railing system geometry along the path as it is sketched.
- Sketch the railing.
If you are adding a railing to a run of stairs, the railing must be sketched along the inside line of the stair stinger in order for the railing to host and slope correctly.
For more information on sketching, see Sketching.
- Modify instance properties as needed on the Properties palette, or click Edit Type to access and modify type properties.
For more information, see Railing Properties.
- Click (Finish Edit Mode).
- Change to a 3D view to see the railing.