|Name ||Description |
|Default Join || Specifies the type of join for the handrail or top rail as either Miter or Fillet. |
|Fillet Radius || If a fillet join is specified, this value sets the fillet radius. |
|Hand Clearance || Specifies the distance from the outside edge of the handrail to the wall, post, or column that the handrail is attached to. |
|Height (Handrail only) || Specifies the height of the top of the handrail from the floor, tread, stringer, ramp, or other host surface. |
|Profile ||The profile specifying the shape for the continuous rail. |
|Projection || Specifies the distance from the inside edge of the handrail to the wall, post, or column that the handrail is attached to. |
|Transitions ||Specifies the type of transition used in the handrail or top rail. |
- None. In a stair system that includes a landing, the inside rail will end at the nosing of the first or last tread on the landing.
- Gooseneck. Used where there are tight transitions and complex rail profiles.
- Simple. Used where there are tight transitions with a circular rail profile.
|Materials and Finishes|
|Material || Specifies the material for the handrail or top rail. Click the value and then click the browse button to open the Materials dialog. See Materials. |
|Supports (Handrail only)|
|Family || Specifies the type of handrail support. |
|Layout || Specifies the positioning of the handrail supports: |
- None. Lets you can place supports manually.
- Fixed Distance. Specify the distance using the Spacing property defined below.
- Align with Posts. - Supports are automatically placed and centered horizontally on each post in the railing system.
- Fixed Number. Specify the number of supports using the Number property defined below.
- Maximum Spacing. Places the maximum number of supports along the railing system without exceeding the Spacing value.
- Minimum Spacing. Places the maximum number of supports that will fit along the rail path without going below the Spacing value.
|Spacing || Specifies the spacing value used with the associated Layout preference. |
|Justification || Specifies the justification option for supports placement: |
- Begin. Lower end of the rail if it was placed automatically on the stair, or the position of the first click if the rail was placed manually.
- Center. Centered along the entire handrail path.
- End. Upper end of the rail if it was placed automatically on the stair, or the position of the last click if the rail was placed manually.
|Number || If the Layout is set to Fixed Number, this value specifies the number of supports used. |
|Extension Style ||Specifies the attachment preference for the rail extension (if any). |
- 1 - Wall
- 2 - Floor
- 3 - Post
|Length ||Specifies the length of the extension. |
|Plus Tread Depth ||Select this option to add one tread depth to the length of the extension. |
NoteThis option may be required to meet many railing codes.
|Extension Style || See Beginning/Bottom Extension. |
|Length ||See Beginning/Bottom Extension. |
|Beginning/Bottom Termination || Specifies the type of termination for the beginning/bottom of the top rail or handrail. |
|End/Top Termination || Specifies the type of termination for the end/top of the top rail or handrail. |
| See Railing System Type Properties for Identity Data definitions. |