Table of contentsNo headers
You can delete unused families or unused family types from your projects and templates using either of 2 methods: you can select and delete the families and types in the Project Browser, or you can run the Purge Unused tool.
Select and delete families and types when you have only a few families or types that you need to delete. Use the Purge Unused tool when you need to ''clean up'' your projects. Removing all of the unused families and types usually decreases the project file size.
Whichever method you use, you cannot delete the following:
- Family types that have dependencies (such as those that host other families)
- Families with types that are in use in the current project or template
To select and delete families and types in the Project Browser
- In the Project Browser, expand Families.
- Expand the category that contains the family or type that you want to delete.
- If you want to delete a loadable family type, expand the family.
- Select the family or type to delete.
TipTo select more than one family or type, press and hold Ctrl while selecting.
- Do either of the following:
- Right-click, and click Delete.
- Press Delete.
The family or type is deleted from the project or template.
If you are deleting a family or type from a project, and the project contains one or more instances of a family type, a warning displays.