You can place aligned dimensions between 2 or more parallel references or 2 or more points, such as wall ends.
Autodesk Video: Add Dimensions (Getting Started, Part 11)
- Click Annotate tabDimension panel (Aligned).
Options are Wall centerlines, Wall faces, Center of core, and Faces of core. For example, if you select wall centerlines, the cursor first snaps to the centerline of a wall when you place it over the wall.
- On the Options Bar, for Pick, select Individual References.
- Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall.
The reference point highlights if you can place the dimension there.
TipYou can cycle through the different reference points for walls by pressing Tab. Intersections of internal wall layer boundaries provide references for aligned dimensioning. A gray square reference displays at any intersection of internal wall layers.
- Click to specify the reference.
- Place the cursor on the desired location of the next reference point, and click.
As you move the cursor, a dimension line displays. You can continue to select multiple references, if desired.
- When you have reached the last reference point, move the cursor away from the last component and click.
The permanent aligned dimension displays.