Table of contentsNo headers
The Detail Line tool creates detail lines for detailed drawings. Detail lines are visible only in the view in which they are drawn. Often they are drawn over the model view. You can convert detail lines to model lines. See Converting Line Types.
If you want to sketch lines that exist in 3D space and display in all views, see Model Lines
The Detail Line tool has the same line styles as the Line tool, but detail lines are view-specific, like detail components and other annotations. Detail lines are drawn in the view’s sketch plane.
When to use detail lines
- To convey detailed information.
- To show features that do not exist for components used in a project.
- To draft lines in a drafting view with no reference to the model, such as signage or typical details.
- To trace over underlay elements. See View Properties for information on setting elements as underlays.
- To detail a view with part of the model visible, such as in a wall section or callout.
Before using this tool, read Creating Details.
To create detail lines
- Click Annotate tabDetail panel (Detail Line).
- Sketch lines as appropriate.