Table of contentsNo headers
Like a map legend, a legend on a sheet helps the building professional to interpret the drawings correctly.
Types of legends
In a construction document set, you can include the following types of legends:
- Component legend: A list of components used in the building model, with details about their structure, representation in drawings, or visual appearance. For a sample component legend, see Legend Views.
- Keynote legend: A list of keynotes used to document the building model. See Keynote Legend.
- Symbol legend: A list of the symbols that are used in drawings.
Example of a symbol legend
To add a legend to a sheet
- Create the legend view in the project.
For component legends and symbol legends, see Legend Views. For keynote legends, see Keynote Legend.
- Open the sheet on which you want to place the legend view.
- In the Project Browser, expand Legends, click the name of the legend view, drag it into the drawing area, and click to place it on the sheet.
You can place a legend view on multiple sheets.
- (Optional) For a component legend or symbol legend, hide the view title.
See Removing a View Title from a Sheet.
- (Optional) For a keynote legend, do the following: