Table of contentsNo headers
This feature can only be used for exporting to AutoCAD Architecture
2007 and later.
You can save a 3D view of the building structure and export it to the AutoCAD DWG format.
To export DWG for AutoCAD Architecture
- Open the 3D view of the project to export.
- Click ExportCAD Formats (DWG files).
- In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup).
- On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects.
This option and the Prefer drop-down referenced in the next step are only visible if the ExportACAObjects key is present in the Export section of your Revit.ini
file and is set to 1.
- For Prefer:
|If you want the exported DWG to... ||Then... |
|keep its structural properties intact, but not maintain geometric accuracy ||select AutoCAD Architecture objects. |
|maintain geometric accuracy, but not keep structural properties intact ||select Geometry. |
- Click Next.
- For Save In, navigate to the target folder for the file.
- Click OK.
The file is exported to DWG format and is ready for use with AutoCAD Architecture.