- Open an existing project or start a new project.
You will link another project into this project.
- Click Insert tabLink panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link.
- For Positioning, specify the desired option.
In most cases, you should select Auto - Origin to Origin.
See Import and Link Options for CAD Formats and Revit Models.
- Click Open.
If you cannot see the linked project in the drawing area, do the following:
- In the view properties, for Discipline, select Coordination.
This setting ensures that the view displays elements for all disciplines (architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical).
- (Optional) To display the linked project in halftone, for Visibility/Graphics Overrides, click Edit. On the Revit Links tab, for the linked project, select Halftone, and click OK.
You can select the linked model in a view and drag, copy, paste, move, and rotate it.
NoteIf a linked model has a linked point cloud file, the point cloud is not visible.