Autodesk Simulation 360 products are downloaded using the new feature.
is a new download approach that provides
- a single, unified installer for your purchased products that installs in far less time than traditional Web browser-based download and install procedures.
- the ability to download and install only the products and components that you want from the bundled offerings (Premium and Ultimate).
- a check on your system for any additional software that may be required. If additional software is required it downloads only what is needed, and may prompt you to restart your computer when complete.
NoteThis method does not support deployments.
installs and launches the Download Manager which enables
- an optimized download of the complete software installation package.
- automatic download resumption after connection interruptions.
- installation of your software on this or other computers without further connection to the Internet.
- the ability to create deployments, to install Autodesk products on a different computer, or at a different time.
The built-in file save mechanism of your web browser is used to deliver a complete stand-alone installation package. Once the package has downloaded, you must extract it, then begin the software installation. The browser download
- works without installing additional software.
- is typically not as efficient or reliable when downloading large files. Browsers do not compress as well as and , and cannot automatically resume interrupted downloads.