Table of contentsNo headers
In the step, we apply a heat dissipation to the large chip to which the heat sink is mounted.
1. Select the large chip by left clicking on it. You might have to hide the heat sink (middle click) to see it.
2. Click Edit from the Boundary Conditions context panel:
3. Verify the Type is Total Heat Generation, and the Unit is set to W (Watts).
4. On the Total Heat Generation row, enter 5.
5. Click Apply.
What it should look like...
6. To verify that the condition is correctly applied to the chip, check the Design Study bar and the colored stripe on the large chip.
- On the Design Study bar, the Total Heat Generation condition should be listed with a value of 5 W.
- There should be a colored stripe on the large chip that corresponds to Total Heat Generation on the legend.
Back | Next