May 21, 2012
Release Notes - Readme File
This file contains useful information about the Autodesk Simulation 360 installation and products.
- We encourage you to install all of the products in the Autodesk Simulation 360 installer.
- If you cannot select some products to install, pause the cursor over the red "prohibited" circle in front of the product to get more information.
- Please ensure your operating system is up to date to satisfy the minimum system requirements described below.
- Autodesk Simulation 360 uses a login-based system for licensing. This convenient approach simplifies your licensing process compared to "Traditional" licensing systems.
- To use Autodesk Simulation 360 software, you will need an Autodesk ID.
- If you do not have an ID, you will be able to request one after installing the software.
- For more about signing in to Autodesk 360, click here.
A batch Uninstall tool is included with the Autodesk Simulation 360 installation to help quickly uninstall products in preparation for either a reinstallation or an upgrade. To access the Uninstall tool from the Windows Start Menu, click All Programs > Autodesk > Simulation 360 2013 > Quick Uninstall Tool for Autodesk Simulation 360 2013.
Windows Firewall Exception
On some computers, the first time you start a simulation an error is issued about not being able to connect to a solver computer. This is because the Windows Firewall is blocking communication between the Simulation 360 product and the Simulation Job Manager. To resolve this, create a Firewall exception for the Simulation Job Manager:
- From the Windows® Control Panel, click Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall (from side banner).
- Scroll to Autodesk Simulation Job Manager and check the Domain, Home/Work, and Public boxes.
File Name Length
File names of files run in Autodesk 360 should not exceed 100 characters.
Get Started Quickly with Autodesk Simulation 360
To get started quickly learning to use the Simulation 360 products, click here to open a list of recommended resources and tutorials.
Notes about Simulation CFD 360
- To open a design study or a share file, you need read- and write-access to the folder in which the file currently resides.
- Autodesk Simulation CFD 360 supports direct geometry input from the following CAD systems:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Inventor Fusion
- Autodesk Revit (MEP and Arch)
- Pro/Engineer (through Granite)
- Solid Works
Notes about Simulation Moldflow Insight 360
Simulation Job Manager
The Autodesk Simulation Job Manager is a utility for managing communication between the desktop and Autodesk 360, and is included in the Simulation 360 installation.
To start the Simulation Job Manager from the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Simulation Job Manager 2013 > Simulation Job Manager 2013.
Alternatively, click the Simulation Job Manager icon in the Notification Area:
For more information about the Simulation Job Manager, click here.
The system requirements for the individual Simulation 360 products are the same as those for the corresponding desktop products:
Autodesk Simulation 360 supports the following operating systems (English only):
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, 32 bit - Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, 64 bit - Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32 bit and 64 bit - Service Pack 1
NotaMicrosoft Windows Vista, 32 bit and 64 bit are not officially supported.
Disk Requirements - Autodesk Simulation 360 (Ultimate)
|System ||Actual Disk Space Required |
|Windows 32 bit ||Total = 6.0 GB |
|Windows 64 bit ||Total = 6.7 GB |
Autodesk Simulation 360, Autodesk Simulation CFD 360, Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 360, Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 360, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Autodesk Data Management Server, Autodesk Productstream, Autodesk Autoloader, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, Mechanical Desktop, AutoCAD Electrical, Autodesk 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Alias Design, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk Sketchbook Designer, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, Autodesk Inventor Fusion, Autodesk Navisworks Simulate, and Autodesk Showcase are trademarks or registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We thank all our customers who identify issues and report them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in simulation. We also thank you for your continued business and for the feedback regarding the content of this release.
Autodesk Simulation 360 Product Team