Table of contentsNo headers
Before starting the installation, please verify the following:
- Your system meets the recommended hardware and software requirements.
- You have the system settings required to install and run Autodesk® Simulation CFD 2013.
The 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions of Autodesk® Simulation CFD are delivered in separate installation packages. It is important to install the correct version for your system. The 64-bit version of Autodesk® Simulation CFD cannot be installed on a 32-bit system, nor can the 32-bit version be installed on a 64-bit system.
Compatible operating systems
- Windows® 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate (SP0 or SP1 for x86 and x64)
- Windows XP Professional (x86: SP3, .net 4.0; x64: SP2, .net 4.0 SP1)
Quad Core Processor, E5640, 2.66GHz, 12M, 5.86GT/s (recommended)
- Dual-core processor: 2.0 GHz or higher, 2 Mb L2 cache per core, 800 MHz FSB (minimum)
- 4 GB minimum
- 12 GB recommended
- 24-bit color setting at 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution
- 512 MB DRAM or higher OpenGL-capable graphics card (recommended)
- 256 MB on-board memory (minimum)
- Microsoft Mouse-compliant pointing device
- Windows Internet Explorer® 7 or higher
- For web downloads and Subscription Aware Access
- For superior performance, Autodesk® recommends a supported 64-bit operating system, a supported 64-bit processor, and 12 GB RAM or higher.
- Autodesk® recommends allowing Microsoft Windows to manage virtual memory, as needed. There should always be at least twice as much free hard disk space as system memory (RAM).
- A DVD-ROM drive is not required if installing with the electronic download.