Table of contentsNo headers
The Solver Manager provides the ability to schedule and run multiple scenarios from a single dialog. This eliminates the need to activate and run each scenario individually.
For example, an engineer creates a design study consisting of numerous scenarios. Several compute resources are available, but some are reserved by others until later that day or night. Use the Solver Manager to select which computer each scenario will run on, the order in which they are solved, and the start time. Because all scenarios are managed from the Solver manager, the engineer saves a lot of time by not having to manually open and launch each scenario individually.
To open the Solver Manager:
- Right click off the model, and select Solver manager....
- Alternatively, click Setup > Simulation > Solver Manager.
To select a scenario to be solved:
- Click the box under Include in Solution Set.
- Alternatively, click Select toggle.
To modify solution settings:
- Click on a scenario name.
- Specify settings on the Control and Physics tabs.
- Click Ok.
To assign a scenario to a computer:
- Select the computer from the Solver Computer menu.
- The entries defined in the Solver Computers dialog populate this menu.
To schedule a start time:
- Select from the Start Time menu.
- Each scenario is run individually, and is not started until the previous one finishes.
- If a start time has elapsed, the next scenario in the queue is run.
To set the order of scenarios on the same solver:
- Specify the value of Submit Order.
- If multiple scenarios on the same solver have the same Submit Order, they are run in the order they are listed.
To monitor solution progress
- Check the Notifications box for each scenario. This enables status reports to be e-mailed to the account specified in the Notifications dialog.
- Open the Solution Monitor.
To solve the selected scenarios:
NoteThe mesh must be generated for each scenario for Pro/Engineer models launched from Mechanica.
For an example of the Solver Manager...