Table of contentsNo headers
A head capacity table controls the flow rate based on the calculated pressure drop.
To define a head capacity curve:
- Select the desired direction and choose Head Capacity Curve as the Variation Method.
- Enter the pressure and flow rate values in the table.
- Click the Insert button to create a new line between two existing lines.
- Use the Import button to bring in data in Excel “.csv” format.
- Save a table of data to a “.csv” file using the Save button.
Select the IndependentIndependent Variable: Flow Rate or Pressure.
By default, Flow Rate is the independent Variable, so Pressure is computed as a function of Flow Rate. This approach is consistent with the other resistance variation methods.
In some cases, however, the resultant pressure drop may be considerably different from the expected value. This may occur if flow recirculates through or near the resistance region. In some analyses, results have been improved by changing the Independent Variable to Pressure and re-running the analysis.