Use Global to control results appearance on the entire model. The controls in the right-click context menus and Global context panel apply to all model surfaces. Clicking Global from any of the other results tasks closes all open dialogs. A good use for Global is to quickly clear the graphics window of dialogs before you capture an image.
The Global context panel appears when Global is pressed. It is available while the Results, View, andGet Started tabs are active, and until another Task button is pressed.
The Global context panel contains the following controls useful for results visualization on model surfaces:
- Global Result: Select the scalar results quantity to display on all model surfaces.
- Global Vector: Select the vector results quantity to display on all model surfaces.
In addition to controlling the global scalar and model appearance, you can control the appearance of global vectors throughout the model.
To enable vectors and to change vector appearance
- Select a vector quantity from the Global Vector menu in the Global context panel.
- To modify the vectors, click Vector Settings in the Global context panel.
Click More... to make the following changes:
To control the display of arrowheads
- To disable arrowheads, uncheck Show arrowheads.
- To change the size of vector arrows, specify a value for the Arrowhead size. (The default size of 1 scales the arrowhead size based on the vector length.)
- To scale all vectors by the same amount, modify the value of the Scale factor.
To show regions where the active vector is within a specified range:
- Check Filtering.
- Enter a range in the Min and Max fields.
Click Reset or uncheck Filtering to display the entire model.