This example features an electronics system containing numerous components including compact thermal models, TEC devices, and porous media.
The solid geometry was created in the CAD tool, and the air volume is created automatically by Autodesk Simulation CFD. This analysis uses groups to simplify assigning the same settings to multiple similar objects.
The principal mode of heat transfer is forced convection.
- Three dimensional assembly
- Incompressible, turbulent, steady state flow
- Automatic Flow Volume creation
- Creation and use of Groups
- Total heat generation boundary condition
- Conjugate and convection heat transfer
- Representing chips with a Compact Thermal Model material
- Modeling printed circuit boards with the PCB Calculator
- Thermoelectric Cooling Device (TEC)
- Internal Fans and Resistance materials
- Results visualization with cut planes and iso surfaces
- Summary Parts to assess critical values