Table of contentsNo headers
If Models are in an archive (.ach) Format:
- Copy the archive file to the hard disk.
- Start Autodesk Simulation.
- Use the ArchiveRetrieve command to open the model.
If Models are not in an Archive Format:
When files are copied from a CD to the hard disk, the files may be marked as read only. (It depends on the operating system.) Trying to open a model that is read only will cause an error message. In these situations, the following steps need to be done.
- Copy all the files for the model, including the .ds_data folder, to the hard disk.
- Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, highlight all the files and folders for the model on the hard disk.
- Right-click one of the files and choose the Properties command.
- Deactivate the Read-only check box. Apply the changes to all subfolders and files.
- The model is now ready to be opened.