Table of contentsNo headers
After a mesh has been successfully generated for your model, you will be prompted to review the results. Press the Yes button. If you are not prompted or want to review the mesh results at a later time, use Mesh Mesh View Mesh Results. The Meshing Results dialog box appears.
If the Model button is pressed, the number of parts in the model that were meshed with each mesh type will be listed with the number of elements generated. If the Part button is pressed, you will be able to toggle through the mesh results for each part in the model.
If a mesh attempt is unsuccessful, the Problems button will become available. When the Problems button is pressed, the Problem Summary is displayed, showing all errors and/or warnings logged by the mesh engine. In the “Problem Summary,” errors are listed first, followed by warnings. Beneath each error/warning you will find a list of offending parts/surfaces. Each of the parts/surfaces listed is a link to click.
NoteSurfaces indicated by gray text and an asterisk lack CAD surface data, likely due to a bad CAD model or bad import operation. Autodesk Simulation is unable to render the indicated surfaces causing the mesh engine to fail.
When a link for a part is selected the following actions are performed:
When a link for a part is selected in the Warnings section, the following actions are performed:
When a link for a surface is selected, the following actions are performed:
- All other parts, except the one containing the selected surface, are hidden
- The surface is selected
- The display is set to “Shaded with Mesh” (View Appearance Visual Style Shaded with Mesh)
- Color is viewed by edge (View Appearance Color By Edge)
- The zoom level is set to capture all offending surfaces
The goal behind the view changes is to aid you in finding the problematic geometry so that it can be fixed.
When the “Meshing Results” dialogue is dismissed, all shading, views and visibility revert back to what they were previous to clicking any of the part/surface links.
- If you click links in the Problem Summary, your model view and visibility could change. To ensure your model resets to the view settings in effect prior to opening Meshing Results, select Restore view and visibility changes on exit prior to closing the dialog box.
- Select Keep current view when clicking on link to maintain the current model orientation with each surface click.