The View tools are used to return the model to a pre-defined orientation. There are 4 View tools to help you orientate your model exactly as you need it:
A special view stored with a model that makes it easy to return to a known or familiar view. You can define any view of the model as the Home view.
A special view that makes it easy for you to orient a plane or part face parallel to the screen, so you can scrutinize it more closely.
Returns the graphics display to the previous view orientation and zoom scale.
Only becomes active after Previous View has been selected. Reverts to the next view after Previous View is used.
Defining the Home view
- Orient the model as you would like to see it when you click Home.
- Right-click the ViewCube and select Set Current View as Home. The current view is now the Home view
Selecting the Home view
Use one of the following methods:
- Click Home, located near the ViewCube, or
- Right-click the ViewCube and select Go Home.
UsingView Face to orient a particular face towards the screen
- Click or select it from the Navigation bar.
- Move the cursor over the model, until the face of interest is highlighted in pink.
- Click on the pink face of interest. The model will rotate and the face of interest will appear facing towards you, parallel to the screen.