Table of contentsNo headers
The Runner System Wizard enables you define basic runners, sprues, and gates, to quickly produce a complete feed system.
Follow the prompts as the Runner System Wizard takes you through the steps. When you are familiar with the process, you can create your own runner system manually if you prefer.
Note: Select either the Single Cavity or Multi-cavity mold types to use the Mold and Runner System Tools.
Creating a runner system using the Runner System Wizard
- Click (.
- By default, the Wizard creates the sprue, the gates and the runners for your model. Deselect the Create runners and/or Create gates option(s) if you don't want to create the whole runner system.
- Enter X and Y coordinates, or click Middle of the mold to position the sprue.
- Select the required layout from the drop-down list.
- Select the Use intersection testing option if you want the wizard to automatically adjust the runner system, in order to avoid possible collision with the cooling system or the part.
- Click OK to save and close the dialog.
Note: Once the runner system is created, it is then possible to manually manipulate the system at a more granular level.
Runner System Wizard dialog
To access this dialog, click (.
Note: The Mold and Runner System Tools are not available for a Part Only mold type.