Table of contentsNo headers
Specifies the initial solution strategy to be used in the nonlinear analysis.
There are three possible settings (solution strategy name is shown in brackets) where each setting is computationally more intensive than the previous:
- Once at each load incrementation step (Modified Newton-Raphson, 1 reformation/step)
- Twice at each load incrementation step (Modified Newton-Raphson, 2 reformation/step).
- At every iteration (Full Newton/Raphson).
If the problem to be solved is known to be only slightly nonlinear, select which is the fastest of the three options.
If any one or more the following applies, we recommend that you select :
- The problem is known to be extremely nonlinear.
- A previous large deflection analysis has failed due to convergence problems.
- You will be using the load incrementation method or in this analysis.
Note As indicated above, this option specifies the initial solution strategy to be used. As the analysis proceeds, the solver will automatically change to higher strategies when required to achieve convergence on each step.