Table of contentsNo headers
The above values for the coefficients in the CRIMS model were obtained through correlation of actual shrinkage data from testing, with results from a series of simulations using the current release of the Flow solver. This option specifies what should happen if certain key solver parameters settings used in the recorrelation simulations differ from the settings of the current analysis.
- The selected fiber orientation prediction settings, like the closure model or Ci and Dz values.
- The viscosity model selected in the material properties
- The mechanical properties specified in the material properties
The following options are available:
- Always (change solver parameters to be consistent with CRIMS model)
This is the default and recommended option. If a solver parameter setting differs from that used in the recorrelation simulations, the setting in the analysis is changed to match that used in the recorrelation.
- Only if solver parameters are consistent with CRIMS model (otherwise use other shrinkage models)
If this setting is selected, the CRIMS shrinkage model will only be used if the solver parameter settings match those used in the recorrelation, otherwise an alternative shrinkage model for which coefficients are available will be selected.
- Always (even if solver parameters are not consistent with CRIMS model)
If this setting is selected, the CRIMS shrinkage model will be used regardless of whether the solver parameter settings match those used in the recorrelation.
Note Specialist users conducting research into the fluid mechanics of fiber-filled materials should select the third option to ensure that their selected solver parameter values are used in the analysis.