It is important to have a sound understanding of the manufacturing process before you design a part. The following publications will familiarize you with the design, optimization, and molding processes involved in injection molding.
- Shoemaker, J. (Ed.) Moldflow Design Guide, Hanser Garner.
- Beaumont, J., Nagel, R., Sherman, R. Successful Injection Molding: Process, Design, and Simulation, Hanser Garner.
- Osswald, T., Hernandez-Ortiz, J. Polymer Processing. Modeling and Simulation, Hanser Garner.
- Malloy, R. Plastic Part Design for Injection Molding, Hanser Garner.
- Beaumont, J. Runner and Gating Design Handbook, Hanser Garner.
- Avery, J. Injection Molding Alternatives: A Guide for Designers and Production Engineers, Hanser Garner.
- Tres, P. Designing Plastic Parts for Assembly, Hanser Garner.
- Richardson, T. L., Lokensgard, E.Industrial Plastics: Theory and Applications, Thomson Delmar Learning.
- Tadmor, Z., Gogos, C. Principles of Polymer Processing, Wiley.
- Harper, C. Handbook of Plastics, Elastomers & Composites, McGraw Hill.
- Harper, C. Handbook of Plastics Technologies, McGraw Hill.
- Harper, C. Handbook of Materials for Product Design, McGraw Hill.
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not represent the views of Autodesk, Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates worldwide. Autodesk, Inc. hereby disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any information contained in any above-listed publication. Autodesk, Inc. shall have no liability for errors, omissions or inadequacies in the information contained in any above-listed publication, or for interpretations thereof. The reader assumes sole responsibility for the selection of these materials to achieve its intended results. The opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice.