The navigation bar is a user interface element from which you can access both unified and product-specific navigation tools. Unified navigation tools (such as Autodesk® ViewCube® and SteeringWheels) are those that can be found across many Autodesk products. Product-specific navigation tools are unique to a product. The navigation bar floats over and along one of the sides of the current model's window.
The unified and product-specific navigation tools are organized into separate areas of the navigation bar. The unified navigation tools are located on the two ends of the navigation bar, while the product-specific navigation tools are located in the center. You start navigation tools by clicking one of the buttons on the navigation bar or selecting one of the tools from a list that is displayed when you click the smaller portion of a split button.
- Available Navigation Tools
The following unified navigation tools are available from the navigation bar. :
- ViewCube. Indicates the current orientation of a model and is used to reorient the current view of a model.
- SteeringWheels. Collection of wheels that offer rapid switching between specialized navigation tools.
The following product-specific navigation tools are available from the navigation bar:
- Select. Tool to select entities on the model.
- Orbit tools. Set of navigation tools for rotating the current view of a model.
- Pan. Moves the view parallel to the screen.
- Zoom tools. Set of navigation tools for increasing or decreasing the magnification of the current view of a model.
- View Face. Points the selected face at the user, parallel with the screen.
The following product-specific navigation tools can easily be added to the navigation bar using the Customize menu.
- Previous View. Returns the graphics display to the previous view orientation and zoom scale.
- Next View. Reverts to the next view after Previous View is used.
- Measure. Tool for measuring the distance between two user-defined points.
- Edit Cutting Plane. Cuts a plane through the model so you can see inside.
- Move Cutting Plane. Moves a cutting plane up or down so you can adjust the view of the inside.