After analyzing a part design, you can use a template to create an HTML report that is based on the analysis findings.
The report template defines the layout and structure of the final report, and any information that you want to include. When you have selected a report template, you can add all the required information and create the report.
Before you generate an HTML report, consider which template you want to use for the report. You can choose to use the default report template, or choose to use a different template.
The sections that you include in a report, and the selected template, determine the appearance of the report. Within the structure of the template, you can use the to add the following sections to your report:
- A cover page, including the project title, your name, the recipient's name, the reviewer's name, company logo, and a cover picture
- Any blocks of text to be added to the report, including result discussion
- Static images from the analysis results, such as GIF, JPEG, and BMP files.
- Animations from the analysis results, such as animated GIF files.
- Movies from the analysis results, such as AVI format files.
Note After the report is generated and checked on an Internet browser, you can send the report to another person.
Topics in this section
- Report Wizard (Procedure)
A report summarizes and communicates the findings of an analysis. Reports can be saved in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, or HTML format.
- Report Generation Wizard
Generate a report automatically by using the Report Generation Wizard.