NoteThe result is not a default result. To view this result, right-click on the folder in the Study Tasks pane, select and choose from the list.
Using this result
If the mold is constructed from several mold blocks, the automatic placement of the parting plane may be incorrect. This result confirms the correct assignment of the mold block, and any cores or inserts, to either the fixed or moving half of the mold.
If a component has been incorrectly assigned to the wrong half of the mold, follow the outlined steps:
- Locate the mold block sections in the .
- Separate these sections into two new layers that represent either the fixed or moving half of the mold.
- Display one of these new layers.
- Select the elements on this layer.
- Click and select either or from the drop down list.
- Check the other properties on the dialog are correct.
TipRename the element type so that it can be reused elsewhere within the study.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the element assignment for the other mold block layer.
- Assign the elements in any cores or inserts but select in the dialog.
- Re-run the analysis to confirm that the parting plane is now as expected.