Table of contentsNo headers
From the Media panel you manage the media in your current project. Any media listed in the Media panel is saved inside the project.
The Media panel displays:
- Project Name: The name of your current project is displayed at the top of the Media panel.
- CFX Sources: When in ConnectFX, any media used in the schematic is displayed in the Media panel under CFX Sources, at the top. In ConnectFX view, you can drag media from any folder in the Media Library to the CFX Sources folder. This places a copy of the media in the CFX Sources folder and displays it in the ConnectFX schematic. Dragging media directly from the Media panel to the ConnectFX schematic also creates a copy of the media in the CFX Sources folder.
- Media Library :
- Libraries: All media and folders reside in a Library. You can create as many Libraries as you want, enabling you to better organize your project media. Libraries can be opened and closed, from the contextual menu. Closing a Library releases it from memory and blocks access the contained media. This can be useful when you have large projects which use a lot of media.
- Folders: Within Libraries, you can create folders to organize your media. You can create as many folders as you want. Folders can be expanded and collapsed in the Media panel.
NoteYou can expand or collapse all folders and sub folders within a library by holding down the Alt key and clicking on the arrow to the left of the library / folder.
- Source Clips: A source clip has only one video segment. It contains no edits and all its audio segments have the same tape name, source timecode and duration as the video.
- Sequences: A sequence is an edited clip. It contains multiple sources.
- Effect Clips: An effect clip is a metadata-only clip. You can use this type of clip to copy timeline effects from one clip to another.
- Shared Libraries: You can drag clips and folders from the Media Library to the Shared Libraries section of the Media panel to make the content available to other Creative and Finishing applications running on your network. From the contextual menu, you can enable and disable write access to the Shared Libraries.
- Search Results: Search results are displayed in alphabetical order in the Media panel. The search results list is always the last entry in the Workspace Media panel.