To simplify the conform process, create the AAF project on the workstation running Smoke
. And when exporting the AAF, save the AAF to the root of the media used in that timeline: the media should either be with the AAF, or within a folder alongside the AAF.
To import a sequence using the MediaHub:
- Click the MediaHub tab.
- Review the Sequence Import Options. Pay attention to the following options:
- Preferred Media: If offline intermediates were used during the offline editing, decide now whether you wish to relink to the original media or to those offline intermediates.
- Search and Import Files: Enable if you want to import the linked media.
- Use Filename: For the best results, enable only this option. Disable Use Timecode, Use Tape, Use UMID, Use Resolution, and Use Framerate.
- Using the file browser, navigate to the AAF sequence to import.
- Drag the file from the browser to the Media Library.
Smoke converts the AAF to its timeline format, and imports the linked media using the Search Options as match criteria. The media itself is imported using the option file format options defined in the Format Specific Options tab.