To adjust the audio level on part of an audio segment:
- Select an audio segment.
- Set the positioner to the relevant part of the segment.
- Right-click on the segment and select Add Effect.
The Effects Ribbon for audio effects is displayed.
- Select Gain Audio effects.
The toolbar displays the Gain features.
- Enable Edit and Auto Key.
- Right-click on the Gain slider and set Key frame.
- Move the positioner down the sequence.
- Adjust the Gain slider.
Another key frame is automatically created at the gain level selected.
The audio level is adjusted to the new gain.
You can click and drag the keyframes in the segment to adjust the audio level. Holding Shift + dragging constrains the adjustment vertically or horizontally. Setting the gain slider to zero brings the audio level back to the segment default.