Table of contentsNo headers
You can create new map-to-button keyboard shortcut. New keyboard shortcuts are saved as a user preference.
To map a button to a keyboard shortcut:
- With the Keyboard Shortcut Editor open, click the menu button for which you want to create the keyboard shortcut.
NoteIf the button you want to click is hidden by the Keyboard Shortcut Editor, click the Hide Panel button.
If the menu button you selected is a map-to-button keyboard shortcut, Yes appears in the Map to Button field, and the name of the menu button appears in the Description field.
- Enter the new keystroke sequence by clicking keys in the Keystroke Editor, your computer's keyboard, or the keys on your pen tablet. The new keystroke appears in the Keystroke field.
- If the menu button is a field, you can set a default value type and increment in the Value Type box and Increment field.
- If the menu button is an option box, you can enable Cycle Pop-up to allow your new keyboard shortcut to cycle through the options each time it is pressed.
- Click Set.
- Click Save to save the changes to the current user's Keyboard Shortcut catalogue.