Table of contentsNo headers
Contacting Autodesk support
Media storage problems
- You may need to reconfigure you media storage if it is trying to use hardware that is no longer available. See Configure Smoke.
- Repairing media storage mount points: if your Mac experiences a hard reboot (e.g. because of a power outage), when it restarts the operating system may mount the media storage incorrectly (for example, /Volumes/Storage1 instead of /Volumes/Storage). If so, Smoke will be unable to access the media storage. To delete an incorrect mount point:
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Sharing, and disable all the file services.
- In Finder use COMMAND+Shift+G to navigate to /Volumes.
- In /Volumes/, find the incorrect mount point folder. It should have the name of the original mount point (for example, Storage), but its icon depicts a folder instead of a disk drive.
- Delete the folder.
- Restart the Mac. Restore System Preferences > Sharing settings.
- If the media storage is still not available after restart, use the Mac application Disk Utility to repair the media storage disk. See the Mac documentation for details.
Use Console to view error messages: view Mac OS X system error messages using Applications > Utilities > Console. If you find error messages about Backburner or Stone and Wire, try restarting these services. To search for errors related to Autodesk products, create a new database search (from the File menu) with the following parameters:
- Search name: Give your search a meaningful name. You will be able to reuse it later. The search settings are saved in the left panel of the Console window, under Database Searches.
- Sender: Contains com.autodesk
- Message: Contains error or fail
If Smoke crashes but does not close, force it to close:
- In the Service Monitor (Applications > Autodesk > Smoke Common Utilities), Troubleshooting tab, click NOW! to force the application to close.
- If it's still running, open a Terminal and run sudo killall -9 smoke .
Fixing VOLUMEMGT and No Volume errors. Follow the steps below if you cannot select your framestore volume, or if you get the following error: Error: VOLUMEMGT : Failed to initialize Stone+Wire connection.
- Exit Smoke.
- Open Applications > Autodesk > Smoke Common Utilities > Service Monitor.
- Restart the Stone+Wire service.
- Start Smoke. If media storage is still unavailable, check the KB or the Area forum.