Table of contentsNo headers
Before importing a SKP file from SketchUp into Vasari, do the following:
To import SketchUp files
- Create an in-place family in a Vasari project, or create a family in the Family Editor.
See Vasari Families.
- Click Insert tabImport panel (Import CAD).
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the SketchUp file.
- For Files of Type, select the SKP file type.
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings.
The following settings are recommended:
- Colors: Preserve
- Layers: All
- Import Units: Auto-Detect
- Positioning: Auto - Origin to Origin
- Place at: Level 1 or Ref. Level
- Orient to View
- Click Open.
You may need to do the following to see the SketchUp-based form:
- Switch to a 3D view.
- To improve visibility, on the View Control Bar, for Visual Style, select (Shaded).
- Type ZF (Zoom to Fit) to adjust the drawing area to show the entire form.