Table of contentsNo headers
When you delete layers in an imported file or a linked file, the layers are no longer available to the Vasari project. (However, they still exist in the original CAD file.) If you want to restore the layers, you must delete the file from the project and link to or import it again.
To delete layers in a linked or imported file, use one of the following methods:
- When you link or import the file to the project, in the Import or Link dialog, for Layers, select Visible to display only the layers that are currently visible in AutoCAD, or select to specify the layers to display in Vasari. Any omitted layers are effectively deleted. They are not available to the project.
- If you want to delete an object in a CAD file, and you are not sure on which layer it resides, see Querying Objects in Layers.
- Delete specified layers, as described in the following procedure.
To delete known layers
- Open a project view in Vasari.
- Highlight the import symbol for the file, and click to select it.
The status bar displays the following:
<imported file name> : Import Symbol : location <Shared> or <Not Shared>.
- Click Modify | <File Name> tabImport Instance panel (Delete Layers).
- In the Select Layers/Levels to Delete dialog, select the layers to delete, and click OK.
The deleted layers do not display in any views in the Vasari project.