Table of contentsNo headers
You can rotate a view to reflect True North (instead of Project North, which is the top of the view).
Rotating a view to True North ensures that natural light falls on the correct sides of the building model and that the sun’s path through the sky is accurately simulated.
- Open a plan view.
If you need to rotate a 3D view to True North, use the ViewCube
- Change the view orientation to True North, as follows:
- Access view properties.
- On the Properties palette, for Orientation, select True North, and click Apply.
This change allows you to see accurate shadows in the plan view. See Displaying Sun and Shadows.
- Rotate the project to True North, as follows:
- Click Manage tabProject Location panelPosition drop-down Rotate True North.
- Rotate the building model, using one of the following methods:
Rotating a building model in a plan view that is oriented to True North
Plan view with the building model rotated to True North